Time & Location
01 May 2023, 09:00 – 17:00
Singapore, 438 Dunearn Rd, Poh Ming Tse Temple, Singapore 289613
About The Event
有意参加者，请游览/点击 https://bit.ly/PMT8preceptsform 呈上电子表格。
有意护持戒场护法，请致电 6466 0785 报名。谢谢。
These Mahayana Precepts enable you to live in the essence of pure moral conduct, and since you take them with the strong motivation of cherishing and wishing to benefit all others, their value is immeasurable. Taking these precepts is a powerful and effective way for you to build, maintain and increase deep propensities for spiritual practice and attainment and thus is a profound method for giving meaning to this precious human life.
The essence of this practice is to recall the Mahayana motivation; to take these precepts in order to become enlightened in order to lead all sentient beings to enlightenment.
The eight precepts are:
- Not to kill, even insects.
- Not to steal (Not to take what is not offered).
- Not to engage in sexual contact.
- Not to lie.
- Not to use intoxicants: alcohol, tobacco and drugs (except for medicinal purposes).
- Not to eat at wrong times.*
- Not to sit on high, expensive beds or seats with pride.
- Not to wear jewelry, perfume, or makeup; and not to sing, dance, or play music with attachment
You can click/follow the link https://bit.ly/PMT8preceptsform for retreat registration. You may also contact us for volunteer to this event. Thank you.